Highbury Library Logo

Highbury Library Logo

Tuesday 15 June 2010

New Away Kit!!

First things first, apologies for the lateness of today's blog, but I've been at cricket meeting. Secondly, apologies for my unforgiveable use of written English yesterday - a friend has pointed out my use of the word "there" when I meant "their" - I promise it won't happen again.
Visitors to www.arsenal.com today could not have failed to notice that the Club has unveiled the new away kit for next season. The best that can be said is that at least it is yellow. I just don't see why the redcurrant is there. If this shirt was yellow with blue pinstripes, blue trim and blue shorts it would be an all-time classic. Will it stop me from buying it though? Of course it won't, because I'm as much a mug as thousands of others who will blindly buy it simply because it is Arsenal's shirt - even if it does look a bit more like a Bradford City kit. The home shirt is due to be unveiled in a couple of weeks - http://younggunsblog.co.uk has a link to the probable design, but I'll save an opinion until we know for certain.
Apart from that, not a lot of Arsenal about today. Some representative of Barcelona made a comment about the Fabregas saga, saying that Arsenal are the only party in the deal yet to express an opinion, after Cesc said he wanted to go, and they said they wanted to sign him. Hmmm. I thought Arsenal announce last week that they had rejected a bid and didn't intend to sell - I'd call that expressing an opinion. In short, people of FC Barcelona, stump up the reddies, or keep your comments to yourself. No moolah, no Cesc. Simples (if this was about Arshavin that would be very apt).
In the World Cup, Emmanuel Eboue flew the Arsenal flag today, playing in central midfield as Ivory Coast and Portugal played out another snooze fest. Eboue didn't do a lot, and was taken off before the end. I caught the first-half of New Zealand v Slovakia on Radio 5, but the whole game was very difficult to listen to - not just because it was an awful match, but because that woeful female commentator was calling the game. At no point did she create a picture in the mind of the listener as to where on the pitch the ball was. This is radio love, you need to tell us where the action is taking place. Sadly I missed Brazil v North Korea due to my meeting. Shame.
Tomorrow sees Cesc get his World Cup under way. It will be interesting to see if he starts for Spain and, if so, how things seem to be affecting him.
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment